Sophie Blackall Illustration

Drawings and Snippets and Breaking News, (but more snippets than breaking news).

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Here is Our Surreal Scroll


More than twenty surreal children turned up at the library yesterday to shuffle nouns and verbs and adjectives and elbow each other (ever so politely) for their bit of the scroll to embellish. It was SUCH FUN! Some of my favorite lines were:
The noisy trumpet laughs at fire
You gave an elegant ribbon
[to] A running confident monkey
The jumping round ear
is stealing a tiny moon
in embarrassing pointed waters.

Please excuse the bumpy video...

3 comments:

- -rxndr! said...

unfortunately the silver willow is weeping. that's cute. :D

McMGrad89 said...

Is this something you put on with the children. I would like to do something like this with my students. What was the prompt, if you don't mind my asking? You know us teachers, always looking for clarification and stealing each others ideas.

Annemarie

PS I love your missed connections blog even though I am no longer in NY.

katrina and the king said...

I remember making a scroll in elementary school!!